Dr. Jose Menendez completed his undergraduate study at the Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico. He completed his neurosurgery residency at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis with a fellowship in complex spine surgery. He also received additional training at Louisiana State University, the University of Washington, and the Centre for Neurological Surgery at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin, Ireland.
Dr. Menendez is the Neurosurgery Liaison to Trauma Services and sits on the board of the Division of Neurosciences at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center. He is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
In addition to authoring numerous articles and publications in a variety of areas, Dr. Menendez's interests include complex spinal surgery, minimally invasive surgery and epilepsy surgery.
- Clinical Fellow, Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Clinical Fellow, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington
- Specialist Registrar, National Centre for Neurological Surgery, Beaumont Hospital/Royal College of Surgeons (Dublin, Ireland)
- Intern and Resident, Department of Neurological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine
- Arizona Medical Board
- American Board of Neurological Surgery, Board Eligible
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Mexican Physician Professional License